Call Us:
8197 0105

What’s makes Streeterlaw Sydney lawyers unique?

The most important thing you should know about your team of lawyers and legal staff is that we care.

Back to FAQs

We are still on good terms, why do I need a lawyer?

Even if you have come up with a settlement plan you both agree on, we strongly recommend you obtain legal advice so you can make an informed decision whether that agreement is just and equitable in all of the circumstances.

We also strongly recommend that any agreement for the adjustment of property is documented by way of an Application for Consent Orders filed with the Family Court. This is a jointly prepared document which accompanies proposed draft orders and neither party needs to attend Court. If the Registrar is satisfied the Orders sought are just and equitable they will make the Order in chambers and sealed Orders will be sent in the mail.

The drafting of the Orders is best left to the lawyers to ensure that the Orders can be complied with and properly enforced if things go wrong.

Found this article useful? Feel free to share it!

Frequently Asked Questions


Family Law FAQs

Commercial Dispute Resolution FAQs

Debt Recovery FAQs

Disputed Guardianship and Wills FAQs

Family Law Articles

Commercial Litigation Articles


Ask a Question 1 Ask a Question1
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us
Ask a Question Ask a Question
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us

Need help with resolving or preventing a dispute?

Request a call with one of our experienced solicitors now!

* Required