Call Us:
8197 0105

What’s makes Streeterlaw Sydney lawyers unique?

The most important thing you should know about your team of lawyers and legal staff is that we care.

Back to FAQs

Can I take the children and move interstate or overseas?

Before taking the children to live interstate, overseas or even significantly out of the local area (if it makes it substantially more difficult for the other parent to spend regular time with the children) it is essential to consult with the other parent and obtain their consent to the move. If the move is opposed by the other parent you will need to attend mediation to attempt to resolve the issue and if that fails, you will need to file an Initiating Application for parenting orders seeking to relocate the children. In the event that one parent unilaterally moves the children away, they risk an Order being made to bring the children back to the general area.

Found this article useful? Feel free to share it!

Frequently Asked Questions


Family Law FAQs

Commercial Dispute Resolution FAQs

Debt Recovery FAQs

Disputed Guardianship and Wills FAQs

Family Law Articles

Commercial Litigation Articles


Ask a Question 1 Ask a Question1
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us
Ask a Question Ask a Question
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us

Need help with resolving or preventing a dispute?

Request a call with one of our experienced solicitors now!

* Required