Call Us:
8197 0105

What’s makes Streeterlaw Sydney lawyers unique?

The most important thing you should know about your team of lawyers and legal staff is that we care.

Back to FAQs

What should I take when separating?

Are you the one leaving your house in a separation?

If you are leaving your house, either planned or in circumstances of urgency, such as being a victim of domestic violence, be sure that you take the following:

    * personal documents – for example bank / cheque books, passports, marriage certificates

    * any items of sentimental value

    * things that you need for yourself and your children, including a change of clothing, school uniforms,         school bags, books, toys, toiletries

If you are in personal danger from domestic abuse – remove yourself and ensure that you are physically and emotionally safe and those in your care are also removed from threats or the risk of family violence.

Download your Free Divorce Advice ebook Parting Ways: Divorce and Separation: A Guide to Your Rights & Responsibilities

Found this article useful? Feel free to share it!

Frequently Asked Questions


Family Law FAQs

Commercial Dispute Resolution FAQs

Debt Recovery FAQs

Disputed Guardianship and Wills FAQs

Family Law Articles

Commercial Litigation Articles


Ask a Question 1 Ask a Question1
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us
Ask a Question Ask a Question
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us

Need help with resolving or preventing a dispute?

Request a call with one of our experienced solicitors now!

* Required