Call Us:
8197 0105

What’s makes Streeterlaw Sydney lawyers unique?

The most important thing you should know about your team of lawyers and legal staff is that we care.

Back to FAQs

Why should I have a written agreement about child custody?

After divorce or separation, it is advisable to have a written agreement concerning who the child will live with and what time they will spend with the other parent. In Australia, a written agreement is called a Parenting Plan. The Parenting Plan assists in bringing about some certainty for the children and the parents with regard to arrangements for the children.

There is a difference between a Parenting Plan, which is a written agreement for parenting arrangements and orders.  A Parenting Plan is not legally enforceable. Court orders on the other hand are legally binding and can be enforced by the Australian legal system.

Found this article useful? Feel free to share it!

Frequently Asked Questions


Family Law FAQs

Commercial Dispute Resolution FAQs

Debt Recovery FAQs

Disputed Guardianship and Wills FAQs

Family Law Articles

Commercial Litigation Articles


Ask a Question 1 Ask a Question1
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us
Ask a Question Ask a Question
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us

Need help with resolving or preventing a dispute?

Request a call with one of our experienced solicitors now!

* Required