Call Us:
8197 0105

What’s makes Streeterlaw Sydney lawyers unique?

The most important thing you should know about your team of lawyers and legal staff is that we care.

Back to FAQs

Can a parent’s rights to child custody be given to other relatives or other people?

Yes. The Court may make a Parenting Order for a child to live with or spend time with a person who is not that child’s parent. It is essential, however, in child custody to consider what is in the child’s best interests before making such an order and the person seeking to have the child live with or spend time with them must be a person who is concerned with the welfare, care or the development of the child.

See Family Law case examples on the Family Law blogsite

Found this article useful? Feel free to share it!

Frequently Asked Questions


Family Law FAQs

Commercial Dispute Resolution FAQs

Debt Recovery FAQs

Disputed Guardianship and Wills FAQs

Family Law Articles

Commercial Litigation Articles


Ask a Question 1 Ask a Question1
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us
Ask a Question Ask a Question
Newsletter Sign-up Newsletter Sign-up
Contact Us Contact Us

Need help with resolving or preventing a dispute?

Request a call with one of our experienced solicitors now!

* Required