What types of Prenuptial Agreements are there?
Most commonly known as a prenuptial agreement or prenup there are now
six types of “financial agreements” for couples. These are also called
“binding financial agreements” . These include:
1. Financial agreement in anticipation of marriage (ie prenuptial agreement)
2. Financial agreement made during a marriage – this may be during a marriage and before or after separation
3. Financial agreement made after an order for divorce.
In respect of de facto relationships:
4. Financial agreement in anticipation of entering into a de facto relationship
5. Financial agreement made during a de facto relationship
6. Financial agreement made after the de facto relationship has ended.
Learn more about making a Prenuptial agreement
Independent legal advice required for prenuptial agreements
Case – Court protects Russian Bride
Case – Husband’s fraud undermines Binding Financial Agreement
Prenuptial agreement changes for de-facto relationships